Snapshots of life and crafts on our little homestead
Posts tagged ‘savoy cabbage’
- 3 cups cooked rice (short grain brown suggested)
- 6 oz TVP (textured vegetable protein) crumbles
- 1/2 pound brown mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 fennel bulb, stalks removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup grated fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 head of savoy cabbage
- 1 to 1.5 cups vegetable broth
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet, add the chopped mushrooms, fennel, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic and cook over low heat until the vegetables are soft, but not browned. Remove from heat and let cool.
- When cool, add the rice, TVP, cheeses, basil, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Blanch cabbage leaves until they are pliable. Cut the tough spine out of the center of each leaf and add a couple of tablespoons of the filling to each leaf and roll the leaf around the filling. Hold each unit together with a toothpick.
- Place the stuff cabbage leaves in a single layer on an oven-proof and then poor the vegetable broth over the rolls and bake for 30-40 minutes in a 350 oven.