Canning season has officially started in my household. This past week corn, kale, snow peas, and fruit cocktail have been canned and shelved for the winter months. Today I canned a lovey peach and mango salsa that turned out so well that I wanted to share the recipe with all of you.
The recipe makes about 11 half-pints so adjust the ingredients according to your needs.
- 6 cups seeded, peeled and diced peaches (~4 large fruits)
- 6 cups peeled, seeded and diced, firm ripe mangos
- 2 cups diced orange or yellow bell peper
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 diced fresh jalapeños
- Juice and zest of a fresh lime
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sterilize canning jars and tops.
- place all the ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- reduce to a simmer and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- scoop the salsa into hot jars leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- wipe the top of the jars and screw the lids on.
- process in a water bath for 20 minutes.