For those of you who like oatmeal but don’t like the hassle of cooking steal-cut oats or have little time to make breakfast in the morning may ‘like this recipe. I like to put this recipe together on Saturday night and it is ready by Monday morning. It can be eaten right out of the refrigerator or warmed in the microwave for a minute or two if you prefer a hot breakfast.
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 1/2 cups almond or soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- hand full of raisins, dried cranberries or raspberries
- Mix all of the ingredients in a glass bowl with a lid.
- Stir, close lid and refrigerate for a day or two.
- Open the lid, stir and serve with fresh fruit. If you like a warm cereal — heat in microwave for a minute or two. Makes 2-3 servings.