Thanks to a couple of spring days of sleet and snow I was able to finish the stitching on Cup Full of Wishes. I will be turning this piece into a pillow that will be gifted the next holiday season.
Posts tagged ‘counted cross stitch’
The rainy weather this past weekend allowed me to start a blackwork and counted cross stitch piece that will be turned into a holiday pillow to accompany a postage stamp quilt. The needlework piece is titled Cup full of wishes by Valentina Sardu, and the postage stamp quilt is designed with holiday fabric scraps that I have collected for the past 15 years.
The cross stitching on this piece was stitched with single threads of DMC floss on an 18 count white opalescent Aida fabric. Outlining for the gloves UVA’s done with a black 40 ply Egyptian cotton. All blackwork in the gloves and cup steam will be completed with a slate gray DMC floss, and the work on the cup will be stitched with an opalescent thread.
Getting ready to add the second border around the cross stitch quilt center to adjust the size for block attachment. Each of the quilt blocks contains a double windmill pattern and is 6 inches square. For this wall hanging blocks will be placed three deep on all sides and finished with a triple border.
I really like mixing needlework and quilting together.
Starting to make a bit more progress on my optical illusion pattern by Aaron Art. I finished the counterclockwise center yesterday evening and will move back to the larger clockwise outer circle in about a week. Once all of the cross stitching is done metallic threads of various colors will be used for outlining and to add detail to the piece.
I have my first craft finish for 2019. Almost 100,000 stitches later my Botanical Garden quilt is finished, washed, pressed and added to the finishing queue. The combination of blackwork and counted cross stitching on the piece was so much fun to work.
Now that my holiday projects are done I started working on the botanical garden piece again. Finally figured out the blackwork pattern on the “B” letter, and finished outline the border. Just four letters to finish before I can call this piece complete.
Just finished my first holiday pillow of the season. The combination cross stitch and blackwork portion of the pillow is a free Elizabeth Almond pattern I found online. This pillow top was so much fun to do that I think I may do another one before the holiday season is over.
Another row finished, time to adjust the frame. Two more rows of letter blocks to finish the piece. Really loving how this is turning out.
New project start. Shades of Plum by Northern Expressions Needlework. Stitching on a gray 20 count fabric using Threadworx threads.
A day full of summer rain gave me the encouragement I needed to finish another row on my botanical WIP instead of doing some long overdue house projects.
Truly love the combination of cross stitch and blackwork in this piece.
Between wood splitting sessions this weekend, I was able to make a bit of progress on my botanical crossstitch sampler. I am really hoping to finish the stitching this summer so that I can spend time this fall working on the quilted bit that will surround the piece.
Put my other projects aside to stitch this for a friend who recently lost her four legged companion. Made it into a pillow so that she could hold it when needed. I hope that she likes it…
Finished stitching my first wedding gift of the year. I really enjoyed stitching this tree of life and selecting the quote that I felt was appropriate for the couple. Now I just need to get it framed and in the mail before the wedding.
just finished the August band for the Linen and Threads 2017 SAL. For some reasons I had to do a lot stitching and then ripping them out with this band. Hopefully the September band will be much easer.
The holiday break provided me with an opportunity to finish up a few gifts and make a nice amount of progress on the Linen and Threads 2017 SAL. Finished February, March and April this month.