Snapshots of life on our little homestead

Archive for the ‘Needlework’ Category

New start

26FDFFF6-8E9A-4754-B9E1-A2093316661ENew project start. Shades of Plum by Northern Expressions Needlework. Stitching on a gray 20 count fabric using Threadworx threads. 

Advertisements

Enchanted Gardens update

A day full of summer rain gave me the encouragement I needed to finish another row on my botanical WIP instead of doing some long overdue house projects.

DE0F2285-7C5D-48BD-99A8-F1259D0DBB44

Truly love the combination of cross stitch and blackwork in this piece.

Sampler update

72A77492-EC21-479C-AD33-543F233C6A75Between wood splitting sessions this weekend, I was able to make a bit of progress on my  botanical crossstitch sampler. I am really hoping to finish the stitching this summer so that I can spend time this fall working on the quilted bit that will surround the piece.

3F30C3D9-3666-46E2-90DF-64A90F1871FA

Rainbow bridge

AF0780AA-FE7A-4BB3-988F-D04D1A6A17D2

Put my other projects aside to stitch this for a friend who recently lost her four legged companion. Made it into a pillow so that she could hold it when needed. I hope that she likes it…

First gift of the year completed

662B56E6-C4F1-4D3E-9DF7-32D8544F528B

Finished stitching my first wedding gift of the year. I really enjoyed stitching this tree of life and selecting the quote that I felt was appropriate for the couple. Now I just need to get it framed and in the mail before the wedding.

 

Linen and Tread 2017 SAL update

just finished the August band for the Linen and Threads 2017 SAL. For some reasons I had to do a lot stitching and then ripping them out with this band. Hopefully the September band will be much easer.5CC09CAA-1F3B-485C-ADDC-4ECA5D4A6AB8.jpeg

December SAL update

The holiday break provided me with an opportunity to finish up a few gifts and make a nice amount of progress on the Linen and Threads 2017  SAL. Finished February, March and April this month.

17133C27-10EF-4BD2-A80A-75D320DA725A

Smokey Mountain Christmas

I spent this fall and early winter working on a Christmas cross stitch project for my honey. I really, really found this project enjoyable and the color selection relaxing.  The finished piece was turned into a wall hanging using some simple log cabin blocks.


November SAL update

One month into the project and January band completed. Truly loving this project. 5C8947C2-8828-4A91-B429-816671127E8E

Lining and Threads 2017 SAL

Fell in live with the Linen and Things 2017 SAL, so I am starting my first stitch along project. I will be using 20 count fabric and Threadworx hand over dyed threads.

54CD8C20-0A59-4062-AE0A-B684F8E492F1.jpeg

Sampler progress – June

i have made a bit more progress on my garden sampler, but with the warmer weather upon us less and less time is being dedicated to stitching and more time to outdoor pursuits. Hopefully I will carve out a bit of time in July for a new row start.

IMG_1953

Pillow talk

i spent the last month make some monogramed pillows for the master bedroom in preparation for the memory quilt that is being quilted for the bed. The pillows are a combination of cross stitch and blackwork. I so love hoe he blackwork makes the colors in the flowers pop that I have started a rather large sampler  for one of the bedroom walls that will use the same technique.

IMG_1839

New bed pillows that should pop on the richly colored quilt they will be placed with

IMG_1844

First anchor block of the alphabet wall hanging …. only 29 more blocks and the border to go… the next block will start to add color.

Ladybug and Daisy

Just finished a blackwork piece that I have been working on for the couple of months, just in time to start working in the gardens during my free time. I am really happy with the finished product.

IMG_1820

This piece and another featuring a hummingbird will be worked into a quilt top.

First project finish for 2017

Just finished my first craft project of the year. This Blackwork project is 160 x 160 on a 14 count lavender fabric. The entire project took about seven weeks to complete.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Christmas Stocking Complete

For the past few weeks it has rained almost every day which gave me all the incentive needed to finish a few works in progress. Yesterday I finished a needlepoint stocking that took almost a year to complete. Not that the project should have taken that long, but I had no pattern and was using wools leftover from other projects, so needless to say I had many false start before settling on a design and colorway.

In the end I love the pattern (now to document it before I forget what was done), and the beading adds just the right amount of bling for the holidays. Now to move on to the next project in the wings…

img_1384

%d bloggers like this: