With summer in full swing and the warm temperatures I do most of my food prep before 8 am and serve my family many types of salad for lunches and dinners. One of our favorite salads is a creamy broccoli raisin salad that is vegan uses many items that we grow in our vegetable garden and is toped with cashew dressing that is creamy, nutty and delicious.
- 6 cups broccoli (about 2 medium crowns), chopped into bight sized pieces
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup bunching onions or red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt to taste
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a high powered blender and process until smooth.
- In a large bowl mix together the broccoli, raisins, onion and sunflower seeds.
- Add the dressing to the vegetable mixture and mix well.
- serve with a nice crusty bread.