These moist and tasty high fiber muffins are totally vegan and easy to make.
- 3 cups (750ml) Organic bran cereal
- 2 ½ cups (725ml) sifted whole wheat flour
- 4 tsp (20ml) baking powder
- ½ cup (125ml) + 2 tbsp (30ml) coconut oil
- ⅔ cup (180ml) maple syrup
- 1 ¾ cup (425ml) plant based milk
- 2 tbsp (30ml) ground flax seed
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (250ml) skinned and chopped peaches
- Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Prepare 2 standard 12-cup muffins tins.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup, milk, flax, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a food processor, grind bran cereal into a fine flour. In a medium bowl, combine ground cereal, flour, and baking powder, mix well. Add chopped peaches and stir to coat.
- Use a fork to stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Divide batter between 20-24 muffins cups. Bake for 18-22 minutes, until the tops are golden-brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once cooked, cool muffins on a rack.