Today I finished the binding on the last of my 2015 Christmas quilts. I had good intentions for getting the quilts for my youngest two grandchildren in the mail in early December. And that should have been possible since the pricing and quilting was completed in mid November. The problem was that I kept avoiding hand stitching the binding on the two full size quilts until a few weeks ago. I even set a new goal for myself by texting my daughter to tell her the quilts would be dropped in the mail that week. With the new goal in hand I started sewing the binding on the first quilt, got about halfway around the piece before I was distracted by another project. Earlier this week I texted her again noting that I was having a problem with the binding and that it would be an additional week before the quilts would be sent to the girls. This week I spent each evening working on the bindings so that I would not have to send another text of regret. The added pressure on myself did the trick. The bindings are now done and the quilts will be in the mail early next week.
The lesson that I learned from this is that I cannot have more than one binding project at a time on my work table. If I do I get a bit overwhelmed and revert to my avoidance behavior.
… Now I should move on to the new quilt my daughter requested.