We brought the following fiesta quinoa salad to a gathering this weekend and it was a great hit so I thought that I would share it with you.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 – 14 oz can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained and rinsed
- 1 – 14 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 brightly colored bell pepper, diced or julienned
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 jalapeño or other hot pepper, finely diced (remove ribs and seeds to keep heat down)
- zest of one lime
- juice 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- few grinds black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon local honey
- 1 minced garlic clove
- cook quinoa in water and cool.
- Add quinoa and rest of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl, fold gently, and let marinate for at least an hour before eating.