I have been trying to think of ways to use some of the pie pumpkins from this years harvest and a few of the eggs that our chicken have given us. With the cool weather cheese cake sounded like a good idea, and a low fat, low sugar treat sounded even better. My family loved this trat so much that I thought that I would share the recipe with you.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free gram cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 8 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup unrefined sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees
- For the crust:
- In a medium bowl, mix together the gram crumbs and the butter.
- Line a 8″ x 8″ pan with parchment paper and pat the crust evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- For the cheesecake filling:
- Beat the cream cheese ans sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs ans mix until combined.
- Add the remaining cheesecake ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Pour the filling over the crust and bake for 35 minutes or until the middle of the cheesecake bars appears set and no longer jiggles when you move the pan.
- Open the oven door and let the bars cool completely before removing from the oven.
- Cover and store the bars in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.