The rains came back today so are plans for yard work were abandoned and I decided to do a bit of cooking for the week.
The dogs loved the treats so much that I thought that I would share the recipe.
- 2 1/2cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup water, or as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except water.
- Add water sparingly until dough is sticky. The amount of water needed will depend on the oil content of the peanut butter.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface and into your favorite shape(s).
- Bake on cookie sheet for about 20 minutes.
- All treats to cool completely before serving or refrigerating.