This season has provided us with a bumper crop of zucchini, to the point that it is keeping the dehydrator busy and experimenting with new recipes high. The following low calorie (about 100 calories each), low fat, low sugar loaf is not only healthy but moist and tasty. I hope you like them as much as we do.
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup carob powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 whole banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or other plant based milk
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare mini loaf or muffin pans and set aside.
- Whisk flour, carob powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together.
- In another bowl, cream mashed banana with applesauce and sugar.
- Stir almond milk, vanilla and zucchini into the banana mixture until evenly combined.
- Add flour mix to the wet mix and stir until just combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans and bake for 18-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.