We have both had huge hankering for sweets the past few weeks. I think it has something to do with the cold and how busy we have been the last month or two. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it neither of us tolerates highly processed or overly sweet treats. So finding a treat that would take care of the craving and still be fairly healthy took a bit of thinking. What I ended up makings were some granola bars. They turned out to be just the thing that was needed. I hope you enjoy them as well….
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking power
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 3 cups homemade granola
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9″ X 13″ pan.
- Melt the butter, stir in olive oil and brown sugar.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt, stirring to combine.
- Add the eggs, vanilla ans granola. The batter will be very thick.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the top is golden brown, and the edges just begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove for the oven and cool on a rack.
- Cut into small bars.