This coming week is going to be very busy for me, so I thought I would get a head start on baking and meal preparation. Some of the tasty treats we will have this week are:
- 7 Layer Greek dip – great with fresh veggies and toasted pitas
- Sweet potato Humus – love, love, love this hummus with sweet peppers and corn chips
- Smoky Butternut Squash Sauce with Pasta and Greens – yummy, yummy, yummy
- Vegan spinach balls with walnut pesto
- Gluten Free Quinoa Veggie Casserole
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup steamed broccoli
- 1 cup steamed cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar cheese, more for sprinkling
- Gluten-free bread crumbs (optional)
- Toppings (optional) salsa, hot sauce, scallions
- Add quinoa, garlic and water to medium sized pot. Cook quinoa until all water is absorbed. (About 15 minutes)
- Stir grated cheese into quinoa.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat 13×9 inch dish( or 8 individual ramekins) with cooking spray.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and salt in large bowl.
- Stir steamed vegetables and quinoa into egg and milk mixture.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and if using bread crumbs add now and bake 30-35 mins, until bread crumbs are browned.