I was looking for something quick and light to make for dinner tonight and remembered an “oldie but goody” — mock tuna salad. I checked the fridge and cabinets quickly, and as luck would have it everything that I needed was on hand.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup light, eggless mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Mash the chickpeas in a medium size bowl (you will want to keep some texture in the beans).
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Chill for at least an hour prior to serving.