After being treated to such a nice day yesterday I decided to make a special, light and tasty meal for this evening. Tonight we will be having grilled shrimp that were marinated in a sweet chilli sauce and watermelon gazpacho. What a great way to end a warm and humid day of yard and house work.
- 8 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded ans finely diced
- 1/2 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon chilli oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix watermelon, cucumber, bell pepper, basil, parsley, vinegar, red onion, oils and salt in a large bowl.
- Reserve 2 cups of the mixture.
- Puree the rest of the mixture in batches and transfer to another bowl.
- Stir in the reserved mixture.
- Chill for at least an hour prior to serving.