The kale is maturing in the garden so it is the time of year that we start having kale on the dinner table in one form or another for almost every meal. Tonight we will be having a micro green salad and quinoa and kale patties with roasted pineapple and habanero sauce. I hope you enjoy the dish.
- 2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa, room temperature
- 2 whole eggs & 2 egg whites, whisked
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese, grated
- 3 spring onions, sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup steamed kale, chopped
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix together cooked quinoa, eggs, Romano cheese, spring onions, garlic, salt, sage, steamed kale, and breadcrumbs. Let everything sit for a few minutes to absorb the liquid. You want the batter to be moist, but not runny. Form patties and get your pan ready for cooking.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook up to 6 patties at at time (don’t overcrowd the pan). Cover the pan and let the patties cook for 7-10 minutes until they are a deep rich brown. Flip and cook the other side for another 7-10 minutes until both sides are nice and brown. Let patties rest on a cooling rack while you finish the next batch.