Tomorrow one of the faculty form the University that I use to work at is coming over to visit and walk the gardens around the house, so I thought that I would bake some gluten-free crackers to serve with cheese and an apple cake as part of the food offering for his visit. The apple cake recipe was posted this past winter and the cracker recipes are listed below.
Flax and Hemp Seed Crackers
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup ground flax meal
- 2 tbsp shelled hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt (plus more to sprinkle on top)
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat oven to 300° degrees.
- Mix almond meal, flax meal, shelled hemp seed, coconut flour and fine sea salt in a large bowl. Pour melted coconut oil and large white egg over the dry ingredients and mix well to combine with a fork until dough comes together in a ball (you may need to use your hands).
- Roll the crackers out very thinly between two sheets of parchment paper. Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut into small squares and sprinkle with a pinch of additional sea salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until completely dry and crisp.
- Cool on cooling rack and store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
- Mix flour, sea salt, and rosemary in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil and egg.
- Stir wet ingredients into flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Roll the crackers out 1/8 inch thickness between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut into small squares.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Cool on baking sheet for 30 minutes, then serve or store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.