Since my family is just about out of granola and the current heatwave in this area and the oven do not mix, I decided to pull out the old crock pot and slow cook a fresh batch.
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup apple juice sweetened cranberries
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2/3 cup maple syrup (grade B is fine)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a lightly oiled 4-quart slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 1.5 hours, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook, uncovered for another 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is crisp and dry.
- Spread the granola on a baking sheet to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight jar.