- 1/2 cup green lentils
- 1/2 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 2 large cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- sea salt to taste
- 1 sweet potato, chopped into small cubes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized pot. Once hot, add onions, celery, carrot and sweet potato and cook about six minutes, until softened.
- Add the garlic and kale and continue cooking until kale wilts.
- Add the lentils, bay leaf, rosemary sprigs, pepper flakes and stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes until lentils are tinder and have absorbed most of the liquid.
- Season with salt to taste and remove the bay leaf and rosemary sprigs before serving.
- Serve with savory gluten-free scones with olives and rosemary.