We are having a really rainy weekend, so we have set our hands the finish work for our basement remodel. We got some of the top molding painted and the last of the mud on the final wall. As a reward I made the two of us some rice pudding from the leftover rice in the refrigerator. … it was a really nice way to end a labor filled day. The great thing about the rice pudding recipe is that it is low in sugar, gluten-free, totally vegan and can be made in 10 minutes or less with leftovers.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup cooked rice (brown or white)
- 1 tablespoon of agave, or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 dash of cinnamon
- Add the coconut milk to a small pot. Bring the coconut milk to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Add the agave, vanilla powder and cinnamon, and stir to combine.
- Add rice and raisins, and continue to stir until it is evenly distributed.
- Let the mixture continue to simmer in the pot for about five minutes. The liquids should boil off and the mixture will become thicker.
- Divide mixture into two small bowls and serve.
Based on recipe found on Glow Kitchen blog