Today is baking day in my house so I made: carrot cake muffins, granola, English muffins and pound cake for the week. All of the recipes are gluten-free and they will take care of the household breakfast and snack needs for the week.
The pound cake recipe is listed below and the carrot cake muffin recipe will be posted later today.
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp guar gum
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Beat butter until creamy and smooth.
- Add maple syrup and beat into the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, one at a time, miking well after each one.
- Add vanilla and blend until completely incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flours, potato starch, guar gum and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and blend until fully mixed.
- Spread into a prepared 9-inch bread pan.
- Bake for 6- minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool for about 10 minutes.
- Remove form pan and cook completely on a wire rack.
- Serve with fresh berries.
- Slice and freeze leftovers to maintain freshness.