Today I spent most of my day working on my website and cutting fabric for a demonstration that I will be doing at a quilt show next week, so I had little time to creating a dinner for my family. Luckily a quinoa burger (~ 10 grams of protein per burger) recipe came to my rescue — add some jasmine rice and a green vegetable and I had a quick and tasty meal.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 tsp salt (omit if using canned beans)
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (1 cup dry)
- rice flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Saute onions until translucent.
- Combine everything except quinoa, olive oil and rice flour in food processor.
- Mix blended mixture and quinoa together.
- Divide into 6-7 burgers, roll in flour to make a crust.
- Pan fry in olive oil until browned.
- Serve warm with a few side dishes.