This is another quick and easy recipe that I like to make when time is short and the families bellies are empty.
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 apples, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cups cooked cannellini or white kidney beans
- 1/2 cup water
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Saute the onion in the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until golden.
- Add the spices ans cook for another 2 minutes, taking are to not allow the spices to burn.
- Add apples and honey and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until apples have softened. Add the beans and just enough water to cover the base of the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with long grain brown or basmati rice.