This is a quick and easy recipe for those time when you want to put a quick yet flavorful dish together. I like to serve it over brown rice with a nice green salad.
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp hot curry powder
- salt to taste
- 6 tomatoes pealed and chopped (great way to use up those tomatoes that have hanging out in the freezer)
- 1 lb firm tofu, cubed
- Saute the onion and garlic in the oil in a large frying pan over low heat until the garlic is pale gold.
- Add the curry powder and season with salt. Cook for a minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes, or until they begin to break down.
- Add the tofu and cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot over a bed of rice for a main course or at room temperature as an appetizer.