It started snowing about 2pm this afternoon, which put me in the mood for some fresh baked cupcakes, but with the house projects on the agenda the recipe had to be simple, tasty, and able to stand on it’s own without icing of any kind (do not like to serve my family huge amounts of sugar and fat). The brown sugar cups cakes in this post meet all of my criteria.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2cup arrowroot
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/2 cup vegetable shorting
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- I a large bowl, cream together shorting and brown sugar. Add egg, milk, and vanilla. Blend until combined, Add dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Fill prepared muffin cups about 2/3 full. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a tester insrted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Remove pan from the oven and set on a rack to cool.