These simple to make cookies can really take care of a sweet tooth without adding a huge number of calories.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened carob powder
- 1/3 cup carob chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) and line the cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine egg whites, cream of tartar, and almond extract. Beat until the whites form soft peaks. Slowly add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form, and mixture becomes glossy. Fold in carob powder and carob chips.
- Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls on to the lined cookie sheets. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.