- 1 1/4 cups cornmeal
- 1/4 cup white rice flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp guar gum
- 3/4 cups butter milk powder
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt
Learn more about butter and egg substitutions on the Popsugar blog.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray an oven-safe 9-inch skillet with cooking spray. Place skillet in oven while the oven heats.
- In large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together wet ingredients. Pour over dry ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and pour the batter into the skillet.
- Return the skillet to the oven ans bake for 15 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center of the cornbread cones out clean.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Turn cornbread out onto a serving platter.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.
Adapted from Easy Gluten-Free Baking