Another meal that I will be making this weekend is Chickpeas Stew. Since the snow is calling I have decided to make some quick and easy meals for my family this weekend. Hope that you enjoy them as much as we do…
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 14 oz chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (canned can be used in a pinch but cooked dried beans will add more flavor)
- Place onion, carrot and oil in a pan ans fry gently for about 5 minutes
- Add the potatoes, tomatoes and their juice, herbs ans pepper.
- Cover and simmer gently for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Stir occasionally to make sure that the potatoes do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the cooked chickpeas and warm through.