- 2 1/4 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, optional
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter
- 3/4 cup diced dried apricots, cranberries, raisins, or cherries
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a divided scone pan.
- Whisk together the flour blend, sugar, baking powder, guar gum, salt, and nutmeg.
- Work in the cold butter till the mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in the dried fruit.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla till frothy.
- Add to the dry ingredients, stirring till well blended. The dough should be cohesive and very sticky.
- Drop dough by the 1/3-cupful into the scone pan. Let the scones rest for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the scones with sparkling sugar or cinnamon sugar, if desired. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, till golden brown. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes or so before serving.