- 1/2 pound of asparagus stalks
- 1 clove garlic, lightly crushed
- salt, freshly ground black pepper and nutmeg
- 1 lb puff pastry
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- local goat cheese ( I like to use local VT cheese)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Break off the tough ends of the asparagus.
- Blanch the asparagus in a pan of salted boiling water until crunchy-tender.
- Drain and cut into about 1 inch pieces.
- Saute the chopped asparagus with garlic in the oil over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- Discard the garlic and season the asparagus with salt, pepper and a bit of nutmeg.
- Butter eight 4-inch high-sided cake or flan pans and line the bottoms and sides of the pans with the pastry.
- Spoon the asparagus evenly into the pastry bases.
- Beat eggs ans milk until frothy and then season with salt ans pepper.
- Pour mixture over the asparagus.
- Crumble goat cheese on the top of pan and season generously with pepper.
- Bake for 20 minute, or until golden.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.