We are heading to the southern part of the state this afternoon to visit with friends. With the bounty that our garden is starting to produce I wanted to take them something made from garden veggies, so I pulled out a recipe that has become a family favorite. Thought that I would share it with you in this post.
Savory Quinoa Cups — Adapted from Iowa Girl Eats
Ingredients (makes 12 standard size or 28 mini cups)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (about 3/4 cup uncooked)
- 1/4 pound portobello mushrooms (I like the minis for this dish) finely chopped
- 1/4 pound fresh spinach rough chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded strong hard cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute mushrooms, spinach, onion and garlic in olive oil
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix to combine. Liberally spray muffin tins with non-stick spray and spoon mixture to the top of each cup. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges of the cups are golden brown. Let cool for at least 5 minutes in the tin before eating. Do not underbake or they won’t come out of the pan.